BOOK TODAY

BOOK TODAY
AWARD WINNING TOUR IN DUBLIN

EASTER RISING COACH TOUR

EASTER RISING COACH TOUR

ATTENTION COACH and TOUR OPERATORS

ATTENTION COACH and TOUR OPERATORS
Our friendly and excellent guides are available as Step On Guides for any visiting tour or coach operators who may like a unique, entertaining and educational tour of Irish History and the events of Easter Week 1916.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

STRANGE WORLD

A barstool philosopher recently imparted these words of wisdom to me.
'My great Grandfather came over to Dublin from Manchester to fight for Ireland against the British during the Easter Rising, I now go to Manchester to support a British soccer team. My grandfather fought during the War of Independence to free Ireland from British rule, I now shop in Tesco's and M&S instead of Dunnes and Superquinn. My father served in the Irish Army in 1969 and believed that they would be invading the North, I now pay more monthly to Vodaphone than give yearly to Irish charities. I myself have watched Britain escape the ravages of a financial meltdown and curse the failure of the Irish economy yet I spent thousands of pounds sterling in Sainsbury's in Newry instead of Clery's of O'Connell Street which is across the road from where my great grandfather began the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment